Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thanks Mom!

My mom says I'm a better cook than my big brother, but he refuses to accept defeat. "His food might look fancy, but he doesn't focus on taste." BURN!!!! So now we'll leave it up to you... Who's the better cook?

So just a brief introduction about me...I'm a 20 year old Southern California kid with no technical training. My only training came from watching my mom in the kitchen during Power Rangers and Pokemon commercials. I can't really say that I started cooking until I went to college, because that was when I really started to crave Mom's cooking. Although she says that I started cooking when I was 4, I don't think throwing shrimp into a seafood hotpot really counts as "cooking." I think that's cheating! It's about equivalent to "cooking" a Lean Cuisine in the microwave.

That's me on the left, my unattractive brother who claims he can cook is on the right. My cousin got those aprons for us last Christmas (it might only be funny if you understand Vietnamese, but "What the Pho" is pretty self explanatory, hahahaha I still crack up everytime I see this picture). This is also what I wear in the kitchen because my sister hates it when I use her Tide Pen. My brother is 24 and lives in Rhode Island so we talk a lot about "what's for dinner" or "where'd you go out to eat today?" We only see each other a couple times a year, so having "food face-offs" keep us close, but not too close because we always butt heads when we're in the same kitchen.

Anyhow, I'll be updating this blog pretty frequently with whatever I decide to make for dinner...or dessert. yum! Be sure to check out my brother's blog at http://bigbrothercooks.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

-Little Bro

No comments:

Post a Comment